Stem cell therapy is a promising direction in medicine based on the application of the regenerative potential of the stem cells of the body in order to treat a wide range of severe diseases and restore from injuries as well as combat premature aging.
In Ukraine, treatment with stem cells was introduced into practice ten years ago. Since then, the numerous studies have been conducted and data on the beneficial effects of that approach to the treatment of more than a hundred serious diseases have been obtained. In some cases, it is virtually the only method of treatment.
Mesenchymal stem cells
Multipotent mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs), an important (and relatively rare) population of SC of the adult body, have a wide range of potential applications in regenerative medicine. MSCs can be isolated from the bone marrow and adipose (fat) tissue. Unlike the bone marrow, adipose tissue is more accessible for the cell extraction.
MSCs are capable of differentiation into adipocytes, chondrocytes, cardiomyocytes, osteocytes, neurogenic cells. Moreover, therapy with stem cells of this type contributes to the effective body recovery.
Due to the application of autologous (own patient’s cells) MSCs, there is no need for searching and obtaining donor biomaterials for treatment as well as the need for immunosuppressive therapy – MSCs have the immunosuppressive effect on immune cells.
MSCs therapeutic applications
- Cell therapy is used to limit myocardial ischemia expansion and restore the functional properties of the cardiac muscle that has undergone scarring.
- When introduced into the body, your own stem cells work to restore the endocrine cells which, for some reason, were damaged or destroyed.
- Mesenchymal stem cells are the basis for the development of new methods of treatment of severe neurological diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease, degenerative CNS diseases, brain and spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, autoimmune diseases, etc.).
- MSCs are used to treat the most severe eye diseases (glaucoma, macular degeneration, tapetoretinal abiotrophy, etc.). In traumatic eye injuries, stem cells activate regenerative processes in the retina.
- In orthopedics, stem cell therapy allows the regeneration of damaged areas of bones, cartilages, tendons, and ligaments. In many cases, it is possible to stop developing a disease, restore the damaged area, thus avoiding joint replacement surgery.
Besides, cell therapy is now actively used for the stimulation of self-healing damaged bone. After SCs administration, a significant acceleration of regeneration rate was observed. In addition to regenerative processes, stem cells have an anti-inflammatory effect on the body and provide significant pain reduction.
- MSCs are used by periodontists: new medical technologies for regeneration of periodontal tissue have been developed, based on the application of AMC – autologous platelet meso-concentrate (therapy with growth factors isolated from patient’s own platelets). The main effect of AMC is due to the local stimulation of regenerative processes in tissues.
Cell therapy is actively used in the treatment of damaged gum tissue, implant/bone grafting areas, the sinus lifting zone, a tooth socket after tooth extraction, the osteosynthesis zone or the zone of an installed membrane, the maxillofacial zones of soft tissues in the course of acute and chronic infectious and inflammatory processes.
PRINCIPLES AND EFFECTS OF MSC THERAPY
A number of MSCs obtained from various sources is insufficient to start treatment; their cultivation in vitro is required.
Then, stem cells are administered intravenously into the patient’s body.
The patient can already feel the improvement already within the first week after the procedure. After 1-1.5 months, immunity, liver function, and hematopoiesis restore.
Mesenchymal cells actively divide with releasing a significant amount of biologically active substances which accelerate tissue metabolism and promote activities of existing highly specialized cells.
In case of the application of stem cells, traditional treatments (surgical, medication) are enhanced by powerful, effective, and natural technique. So, stem cell therapy can be carried out both as monotherapy and as additional therapy.
Benefits of AMC Therapy
- Treatment with mesenchymal cells is the natural way of returning to health.
- Cell therapy is painless: MSCs are administered to the patient intravenously via a dropper.
- Autologous human stem cells do not cause rejection reactions as well as other undesirable reactions.
- Intravenous MSCs administration has a powerful curative effect on the entire body: the activity of the nervous, immune, vascular, and endocrine systems is normalized.
- Stem cell therapy is successfully used in the treatment of a number of diseases; further studies of the MSCs potential are conducted.
HOW MUCH STEM CELL THERAPY COSTS
In fact, the cost of stem cell therapy is an individual case and can range because it depends on the procedures administered.
The biotechnology company SmartCell produces a number of biomaterials and biopreparations. New methods of treatment allow for using their various combinations in each particular case.
If one more of these products is required for treatment, this may increase the cost of therapy.
The approximate cost of stem cell therapy can be calculated after consulting a doctor.
EFFICACY AND SAFETY
Today, you can find absolutely different views on cell therapy. It is due to the fact that cell therapy is still a newer, developing technique despite a huge demand for it, its popularity and astonishing efficacy.
Moreover, like any innovation, stem cell therapy is shrouded in myth based on rumors. Only the information received from a highly qualified doctor should be considered as the subject is too complex, deep, and multifaceted.
Founded in 2012, the biotechnology company SmartCell is, to date, the only company in Ukraine that has:
- Cell and tissue culture laboratory;
- Genetic testing laboratory;
- PCR laboratory;
- Laboratory of flow cytometry;
- Cryogenic storage bank
SmartCell has been conducting constant research in the field of implementation of cell technologies into practice. We got state patents for our inventions.
Innovative technologies, state-of-the-art equipment from the best world manufacturers, and highly qualified personnel allow us to produce preparations successfully used in cardiology, endocrinology, traumatology, surgery, neurology, and many other fields of modern medicine.
The laboratory premises and equipment meet European and International GMP standards. We guarantee high quality, safety, positive results, and absence of any complications.
That is why the leading Ukrainian clinics and specialists successfully cooperate with us.