The institute of Cellular Medicine and its “SmartCell” laboratory, was founded in 2011 and operates on the basis of the certificates granted by the O. M. Marzeyev Institute for Hygiene and Medical Ecology, Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, as well as according to the license of the Ukrainian Ministry of Health, “Bank of Umbilical Cord Blood and Other Human Tissues and Cells” (№ 05.03.02-07/18777, от 19.03.2014).
The laboratory facilities and equipment conform to European and world norms of GMP standard.
The head of the laboratory is Dr. Dmitry Pykhteyev (MD, certified as pathologist, certificate of human physiopathology). Dr Pykhteyev’s most recent place of employment is the University Clinic in Cologne. The laboratory personnel have 5-years’ experience in biotechnological laboratories (certified in biology and microbiology).
The laboratory specialists apply proper methods of PCR and cytogenetic studies, as well as microbiological methods of continuous biotechnological process quality control.
Currently the laboratory carries out biotechnological processes of cultivation of human skin fibroblasts, fat tissue mesenchymal stem cells, bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells, as well as biotechnological production of autologous growth factors from patients’ blood platelets, and preparation for adipocytes grafting.
The laboratory also conducts research in the field of establishing cellular technologies into good practice of dermatologists and other medical specialists. The laboratory has obtained 5 Ukrainian patents on its inventions. We would like to highlight the patent on epigenetic fibroblasts culturing effects, as well as the developed technology of culturing melanocytic- keratinocyte cell mixture for vitiligo treatment.
Nowadays, stem cells are globally used for treating the following conditions:
- Oncology chemoradiotherapy after-effects
- Acute and chronic cardio-vascular system diseases (CHD, myocardial infraction).
- Endocrine diseases (diabetes and its complications).
- CNS diseases (stroke, spinal cord traumas, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease.
- Locomotor system diseases.
- Genetic diseases.
- Immunodeficiency and genetically determined lymphoproliferative diseases. Hemoglobinopathy and genetically determined blood diseases.
- Autoimmune diseases (multiocular sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus)
- Liver and kidney diseases.
The laboratory has signed scientific agreements with dermatological departments of the Ukrainian Academy of Post-Graduate Studies.
We hope to develop our international cooperation, contributing to common efforts of developing biotechnological methods in medicine.
Biotechnological product descriptions and the price list are attached.